Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I am 99% sure that I will be buying an 08 TRX700XX tomorrow so I figured I better join the forum so I can learn as I go. It seems like a great machine, very well built and upgraded, the only thing holding me back is my concern about the availability of parts, but that's where you all come in I hope. I spent like an hour searching for nerf bars and the only thing I found was 1 new set, in stock in Europe LOL.

Anyway, I am in Jackson MI, looking forward to chatting with everyone.

·
Super Moderator
4,715 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Finding accessories for any ATV over 10 years old is hit or miss and you don't have a wide selection. The aftermarket manufacturers aim to sell all their production within 2 to 5 years. After 5 years the shelves should be empty based on the production numbers of the vehicle. The TRX400EX/X was so popular and such large numbers were produced and sold with basically little to no changes that new aftermarket products are still available for 20 year old models. The TRX250R is a dinosaur and nearly impossible to get parts for.

The 700XX was only produced 2 years (2008 and 2009) - I did a quick search and the only OEM parts that are known to be no longer available are: intake valve guides, left front engine hanger plate and seat in color NHA09L (color R148L red is still available). Fortunately, since the 700 was sold in such low numbers that it's production was halted after just two years, the demand for replacement parts has been very low, but at he same time since the production was so limited, very few aftermarket manufacturers produced products aimed at the model.

You mention 'upgrades' - what do you consider an upgrade? Simple modifications are not necessarily an upgrade.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.