Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, im the new guy. i thought i would join the forum for all the information u guys could give! i will be buying a 2006 trx250ex here in about a week or so. its got front tires that are too small, and everything else on the bike is stock. any advice on future purchases is welcome!! i would like some good quality, somewhat cheap tires in the front and eventually ill replace the back. but like i said, im open to suggestions. just keep it realistic please!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im not sure, but i will only be using it for trail riding and some small jumping. so they wouldnt be practical for what i want

·
Registered
333 Posts
Welcome to the site!

Reactions: Goose

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys! i have been looking at Maxxis Razrs in the front and itp holeshots in the rear. can u guys recommend anything better (and obviously more specific, as i just read reviews. i know there are holeshot hd's, gncc's, etc.) also, if u could give full dimensions it would be greatly appreciated! i was looking in to possibly running 22x7x10's on the front, but im a total NOOB at these bikes and dont know what would be the most stable, agile, and cheap. just fyi, this is my first sport bike to ever ride, and im LOVING it! im quickly learning how these act, and im being able to ride it a little harder as i learn!

·
Registered
37 Posts
On a 250EX, I would run 22" tires on all 4 corners. That will give the 250 better ground clearance in the trails and help keep your top speed stock. I ran Maxxis Razrs, iRazrs, and Razr 2's on my sport quads and they did very well. For your type of quad, I recommd the regular Razrs because they are lighter than the Razr 2's, and a little less aggressive. I'm not framiliar with Holeshots, but if they are like the Mudlites I run on my utilities, they won't last as long as the Maxxis, but are still a great tire.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ive decided i will more than likely go with 22''s in the front and 20''s in the rear. wut is u guys opinion on spacers? my four wheeler sits a little on the top heavy side, which is why i want 20''s in the rear. that along with spacers should be much more stable.. correct??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts