Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up an 04 and an 06 400 from my buddy who doesn't have time to ride anymore. I have limited riding experience but have found a lot of trails out in the desert near where I live. I plan on doing mostly trail riding...some of the trails I have seen are pretty rough looking (rocky). The 04 has some nerf bars and some other brand of handle bars with a crossbar. It also has shock covers on the front and I haven't even looked under them to see if they've been upgraded. The 06 has reverse (that I don't even know how to shift into) and is completely stock. I plan on riding the 06 mostly and letting my wife ride the 04. I need to work on the 06 because it currently won't stay running at idle...always dies.

You guys have any suggestions for upgrades I should be thinking about for riding desert trails? I'm sure I'll make it to the dunes every now and then too but mostly the trails. Thanks in advance.

Justin

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Welcome to te Famly!
To shiifft in reverse. Put the quad in neutral, turn the knob located on your right front fender, push down on the shifter twice wiith knob on fender turned. Yoor dash light wil llight upred to let you know yooare in reverse.. Then let out on your clutch.
Your carb is probly dirty. Thats why it will not idle correctly. Clean the carb out. Make sure you remove all your jets and blow air through them to make sure they are clean.
The first mods I would do are............
Nerf bars and skid plates. Safty for you and the quad!
Let me know with what ever you have in mind for mods. I have a 07 400EX. Love it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tips. I cleaned the carb and it runs beautifully. My nerf bars and skid plates should be here this week.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts