Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I am new to the forum but need some help I have an 07 Trx 400 that I sent and had the carrier and bearings done and was told my axle was in good shape but it clearly has a bend and the mechanic that did it will not honor his word so I bought a new axle and I am gona do it my self but wanted to know if I can change just the axle or do I have to do carrier also

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The carrier is one part and the axle is another - with the carrier rebuilt and installed in the swing arm, then the axle is installed
Yea I know what I’m asking is I had the whole carrier and bearings replaced rose the quad 2 times and noticed the axle is bent I wanted to know if I can just swap the axle without replacing the carrier and bearings since they r new

·
Super Moderator
4,250 Posts
Yea I know what I’m asking is I had the whole carrier and bearings replaced rose the quad 2 times and noticed the axle is bent I wanted to know if I can just swap the axle without replacing the carrier and bearings since they r new
Yes - the axle is a separate part and can be changed without replacing the bearings - and if the axle is not bent severely, it can be straightened by an machine shop and reused.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your help I got it done wasn’t bad at all also I know it’s off topic but my son has a 98 trx 300ex with a durablue axle but there is a weird bumper thing that mounts under swing arm and to the shock but I don’t know what it is for here is a picture any help would be appreciated

·
Super Moderator
4,250 Posts
Thanks for your help I got it done wasn’t bad at all also I know it’s off topic but my son has a 98 trx 300ex with a durablue axle but there is a weird bumper thing that mounts under swing arm and to the shock but I don’t know what it is for here is a picture any help would be appreciated
It's just an aftermarket bumper - places like Dennis Kirk sold things like that and they are now no longer available, but there might be something similar on Ebay. It was just protection from a rear-ender with another ATV. Most ATV's have front bumpers, but few have rear bumpers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's just an aftermarket bumper - places like Dennis Kirk sold things like that and they are now no longer available, but there might be something similar on Ebay. It was just protection from a rear-ender with another ATV. Most ATV's have front bumpers, but few have rear bumpers.
Ok but do you see the shock mount is that the normal mount or just there for the bumper

1 - 8 of 8 Posts