Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gurus. Needin some help. My wife grandfather gave me a 88 fourtrax for cleaning out an old barn. The bike was cover in junk that accumulated over 20 years. The bike was special to my wife and to me too since ive never really been givin anything. So ive been trien to fight a no spark issue. New plugs new coil. Btw i hate the electric side of motors never been too good at it but i can diagnose to a point. Ive kinda come to the conclusion that the cdi is my culprit. So i started on a journey to find one. I new a very good mechanic that has worked on hondas for years and he broke some bad news to me. Apparently 88 is a bad year to find a cdi box for an he said it has to be a 88 because a 89 wont work. Ive looked and the only thing i can find is 89 and up. Is there anyway i could change out the internals and harness to run a 89 cdi or is there some major differences? Or any other options for this problem. I seem to always find that one lemon that is discontinued and obsolete.. please any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks from the backsliding fool

·
Super Moderator
3,571 Posts
Welcome to the forum - to provide help, you need to be a bit more descriptive - is the quad a 125, 200, 250, 300 or 350?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts