Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought my son a 2011 250x and he's wanting to upgrade it. I was wondering what the best exhaust/ intake setup is, I know its mainly personal but Im just looking for a good range of choices that really work. Also what about a cdi? I read some pretty bad reviews on the big gun cdi and am not even sure if it would be worth the money to upgrade it. also are there any other mods I should do to make it better? footpegs bumper controls etc? any input on this is appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
AMR racing makes a rev box i put on my sons 250. Uni air filter, re jet and we have a Pro Circuit slip on.
i would do nerf bars and a better front bumper at the least for the body. we also added a-arm guards and a full skid plate.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I agree, for a younger rider I would look at safety first and then performance. Nerf bars and a front bumper are always a good start, and they look awesome! Some nerf bars also come with wider foot pegs which give him a more stable stance on his machine. Then for performance there are some cheap easy mods that will up the power enough that your son would notice, like removing the lid of the air box and going with a uni filter like stated above, and a slip on exhaust. Both easily done and at a decent price.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool thanks. so is amr pretty big on the 250x? ill check them out. did the rev box make any difference? and how loud is the pro circuit? what about a lighting upgrade? any hid conversions or lighting options fornight time?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I know there are LED lights available for the 400ex on eBay, or front bumpers that you can mount PIA lights to if you do a lot of night time riding. I would assume it would be no different for the 250x but I'm not 100%. & I'm running a yoshimura slip-on exhaust on my 400 and it's nice. Louder, but not crazy loud.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.