Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody. Did some work for an older fella in my area and he didn’t have the money to pay for the job. But, he had this ‘86 (11/85) Honda TRX70 that he offered instead so I took it. Replaced carb and it runs PERFECT! Fires up first pull and will idle perfect and for as long as you want it to. Pulls great for what it is. Quite impressive really. My son is 4 and my daughter is 2. So it will be their’s of course. But the plastics are cracked up on the fenders and it’s got tacky stickers all over it and it’s driving me nuts after looking into what it is and how few there are around…

With that said… I am seriously considering doing a “restore…” Mainly want to get plastics and would like to stick to OEM. Seat is already brand new, tires are quite new. Main thing is the plastics and I would also love to get a set of either taller bars or one of the brackets to make them taller.

Any suggestions on where to get the parts mentioned above? Any advice is greatly appreciated as well!

Also, any other TRX70’s out there for sale? Wanting to buy at least one more but they’re not easy to find lol. Thanks I’m advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,356 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the find, but the TRX70 was discontinued in 87 and no parts have been produced since. Finding any parts for it is somewhat rare and the best source of parts is a donor vehicle and Ebay. Don't break anything on it as most is irreplaceable.

The TRX70 was sold in 85, 86 & 87 - a front fender (part number 61100-HB2-770ZA) is not available NEW from any source that I could find - I did find a new rear fender (part number 80100-HB2-770) on Ebay for $1185.00 which last sold for $224.50 when still available from Honda. There are 28 people watching it (I'm not one of them), but if your 'RESTORING' one, it's worth it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts