Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello! I am new to the ATV world. I am having a hard time finding info on my Honda fourtrax 200 type 2. The model code is TRX200DR. Does anyone know what year this is? where I can get a service manual? I know this is going to sound ridiculous... but I cannot seem to find any oil or fuel filters? I changed the oil but now what? I purchased a filter but I'm guessing it is for a different model. I checked out the centrifugal oil gear and it looked clean. Is that all I need to check? And what about the air filter under the seat. I read somewhere that I need to soak it in gear oil?? I am totally confused. The ATV starts up and runs ok. I just want to keep up with the maintenance. I am not familiar with motorcycles or this kind of motor. If I had some specs showing/identifying parts it would greatly help. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow.. Thank you for all this info !!. Being that the oil filter screen is in the crankcase and the fuel filter is inside the fuel tank .. are these easy to change?? I don't mind taking things apart but I am guessing this may be beyond my capabilities. I did notice a filter of some sort underneath. It kind of looks like a capsule,? maybe 1/2 in OD x 2 inch oval tube?? held on with a clip. hard to tell what's in it. gas, oil?. I guess I can take it off to inspect. Probably has a screen of some sort. You have been a huge help.. Thanks again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts