Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone Im new to the forums. I'm also new to four wheeling somewhat. I plan on getting into the racing scene competitively. But after I learn how to ride pretty well. Anyone with tips for new riders are more than welcome to pm me or respond on the thread. Any help would be much appreciated Im located in Georgia and I travel between Augusta and Macon regularly. Happy new year!

-Mike

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dascrow- Im currently on a 2000 trx400ex, I was thinking of either having a motor built or building one myself. Im not new to engines or mechanical work, just small engines. I have a guy around where I'm from that drag races four wheelers but Im more into the dirt. Ill try to get some tips from him on building or get him to build one for me. I will be upgrading four wheelers once I get some practice time in and get used to the flow of racing but I want to stick with that for now. What would you suggest as far as dependability from a racing standpoint on four wheelers? I know it really depends on wrench time/money put into it. But for a starter is a 400 the right quad to be on. planned upgrades include 450r shocks and carb+exhaust.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ive been trying to look into where races are held. I know I want to do xc style racing first though. I stay in Augusta most of the time but my four wheeler is in Macon. Theres a place close called paradise park and another spot but in Lizella but Im not sure they are still open. Where do you ride?

-Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.