Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 04 400ex i am in the process of putting a xr400 piston in the wheeler. i have a fmf powercore4 slip-on with a stock header. i put pro taper bars on it and jetted it. And i am willing to listen to anyone who had advice on building the best woods wheeler. i figured that the 400 is a good base and i want to build up from there. so if anyone has any ideas or advice i would be more then happy to listen. the 4-stroke world is new to me i grew up on the 2-strokes, so anyone willing to give me advice would be a big help. thanks

·
Super Moderator
4,276 Posts
Are you aware that the XR400 and the TRX400 use the same piston? Honda part number 13101-KCY-670. Putting a XR400 piston in it changes nothing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I was told with that piston it is a higher comp piston and makes it out to be a 426. See the 4-strokes are new to me. I have always rode 2-strokes and I am trying to build a good woods wheeler

·
Super Moderator
4,276 Posts
Just changing the piston will not increase cc's. The only way to make a 400 a 426 is to bore the cylinder out. The 400 starts out as a 397.4 cubic centimeters. Boring it out to 88mm (100 thousandths inch) makes it a 425.92cc and if you want to increase the compression you will have to buy a piston designed to decrease the volume of the cylinder.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts