Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new to the forum!! Just got myself a project 2000 400ex.. I'll start with, it didn't run when I got it..fuel was pouring out of overflow, leaking if oil like it was the cool thing to do.. I decided the 1st thing to do would be to get unmolested wiring harness,a key switch,( someone did some kinda weird bypass. There is a rocker switch and 2 bare wires.) lol so, next I'll move to the engine..on first sight I knew someone was a rocket scientist when I seen the rtv.. well, I think it was missing 3-4 bolts.i move onto the head.. I find out why the bolts are missing.. the bolts that were there were heli-coiled, the ones that were missing were huge too big to fix..so, I move onto the jug, it was the only thing that was actually torqued. It was actually well over torqued. So, piston and jug pretty fresh( the coating on the piston skirts is bout gone.. it's a 440 kit.. so, basically, I ordered all new cylinder,ported head, valve cover, cam, piston,gaskets, manual, all new valve cover bolts, bought new shindy (Japanese) carb kit, new float, diaphragm. I think I may have to buy a starter switch (I'll have to figure out why all of the wiring and neutral safety switch was bypassed)..
Also, I checked the side to side on connecting rod (big end) it was .013, there is like no up and down movement..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts