Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm new to honda ownership and to this forum, I have an 85 trx 125 that seems to be in good shape for its age, the problem is it won't start. I have cleaned the carb(it had been sitting for a long time), ind checked for spark, It cranks good and has good compression but just won't fire. can anyone tell me what else I need to check or that I may be missing? thanks, mike.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you have air, fuel, spark and compression it will start. Are you getting fuel? Sounds like you have everything else!

·
Super Moderator
4,643 Posts
You need spark at the right time also. Since the timing is controled by the camshaft, the cam may be out of position or the pin that goes into the cam to position the advance mechanism may be missing, or someone (not knowing what they were doing) may have removed the magnet from the advance mechanism and inadvertently installed it 180 degrees out of time.

Although you say it has compression, how much compression does it have? It needs over 90 psi just to start - it needs 120 to 150 to run right. Sometimes it has compression, but it's just low due to tight valves. What's the valve clearence?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.