Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my quad currently has a block off on it, and i would like to put a parking brake nack on, my question is this, will a parking brake assembly off a 2007 400ex work on my 2004 300ex, everything seems to look the same?

·
Registered
40 Posts
the e-brake dosent work all that well anyways. if i wear u i would just keep the block off on it and put it in 1st when u get off.

·
Super Moderator
4,647 Posts
the e-brake dosent work all that well anyways. if i wear u i would just keep the block off on it and put it in 1st when u get off.
The parking brake (not E-brake) works perfectly as intended if maintained and properly adjusted. Most vehicle owners do not know how to adjust them and I would venture that not any owners know how to maintain them. Personally, I feel that the manufacturers of "block off plates" should be sued by the OEM's for offering a product that elininates a required safety feature and the vehicle owners should be held responsible for any unexpected consequences caused by the removal of the device. I will not remove a parking brake from a vehicle I service, but I will service the machine and recommend the device be restored to it's designed configuration. Then I have the owner sign a waiver releasing me of liability due to the vehicle having an unsafe modification.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I transport my 400ex alot. I keep my parking brake maintained and adjusted per (the owners manual). There is no reason to 'block-off' the system. If your trying to save weight, "Move away from the Cheese Burgers"!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.