Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a '99 400ex with the 440bb kit on it and i want to squeeze a little more out of it. i feel like the 440 could use a little more with the intake. i can et a predator carb fairly cheap off a friend of mine and i just want to know how you guys think it would work out. i know the stock carb size on a 400ex is a 35mm and the predator carb is a 42mm. i know thats a hell of a jump and i am going to have to jet it for sure but i think the bb kit could use the better flow. any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
4,643 Posts
Jetting aside - you might have to get creative with the carb holder, but a bigger carb restricted by the size of the intake port isn't going to make a great change in performance other than a "bog" on sudden throttle opening caused by the drop in air velocity through the venturi. Open the intake and exhaust ports, install larger valves and increase the diameter of the exhaust to take advantage of the bigger carb.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.