Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a problem with energy in trx400ex. Battery will not charge. Battery is good. but the problem is with meybe, voltage regulator " for ex: DO QUADÓW - ELEKTRYKA I O?WIETLENIE - REGULATOR NAPI?CIA :: Motomaniak before buying wants to be sure of his fault - Can you tell me How many the voltage should be on the red connector between the battery and the regulator:(:( Thx

·
Super Moderator
4,642 Posts
12vdc - the red wire from the voltage regulator connects directly to the red wire going to the battery. The wire should have battery voltage when the engine is stopped and it should have about 13.5 to 14.8 volts when the engine is running at about 2000 RPM

·
Registered
32 Posts
Check the connectors near the battery/starter solenoid area. I had the same problem and it was just a corroded connection. Even after doing the test procedure im my repair manual I almost wasting money on a new reg/rectifier but luckily I found the bad connection. Put a dab of dielectric grease on them after cleaning before hooking them back up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.