Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,643 Posts
NO - the 2013 gear is 27 teeth while the 2002 1s 26 teeth

However if you swap the mating on the opposing shaft, it might work. I will have to look into the possibility by checking the center distance between the shafts and the width between the cases. I'll get back to this later.

·
Super Moderator
4,643 Posts
Good question.

It depends a lot on your engine's power.

Mathematically, either a larger front sprocket or a smaller rear sprocket will "gear-up" the overall final drive. NOTE: one tooth up in the front is approximately the same as three teeth down in the rear. However, if the engine does not have the power to pull the taller gearing, you may loose top end by gearing UP. Many times you will gain top end by gearing DOWN to let the motor rev higher when in top gear and ultimately gain 3, 5 or more MPH when bumping into the rev limiter.

·
Super Moderator
4,643 Posts
Bigger jets = more fuel
More fuel + more air = more power
14 parts of air to 1 part of fuel (generally speaking) = optimum power
Too much fuel to air = cooler burn and loss of power
Tool little fuel to air = hotter burn and possible engine damage
The trick is to get the right amount of fuel to air ratio throughout the engines RPM range using the 3 fuel control circuits within the carb. Low speed (idle to about 1/8 throttle) Mid-range (1/8 to 3/4 throttle at constant speed) High speed (3/4 to full throttle)
Pilot jet and fuel screw control idle, Slide, slide needle taper, needle position and slide needle jet control mid-range. Main jet controls full throttle mixture.

It takes several hours to jet a carb properly unless you have a flow bench and a fuel to air ratio sensing meter

Remember - more fuel is not more power
Less fuel is more power, but you have to stay rich enough not to melt the piston

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok I think my quad is jetted right Cus I bought it from a guy that had a lot of toys and it seemed like he knew what he was doing and it keeps up if not passes 450r's so I'm happy with it thanks

Sent from my VS840 4G using Off-Road Forums mobile app

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.