Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK...I'm getting desperate...I'm trying to find some options for my rear shock on my 2006 TRX Honda 250 EX..I ordered some Stage 3's Elkas for the front..(yay) BUT...Elka does not make rear shocks for the 250...I've seen a little about using front Raptor 660 shocks but not sure which year etc..I could poss get one and send it to GT Thunder to be rebuilt I guess....does anyone have any advice at all?? There is NO adjustability on the 250 stocks at all... :eek:

·
Registered
130 Posts
I wonder if a rebuild, revalve, and respring of your stocker would do?
"Sue, I contacted 'GT Thunder'..$740.00 to revalve, respring and, rebuild all three shocks on my TRX400EX. Been swapping emails with 'Lazarus Summers'.
He's going to upgrade my TRX450R front shocks and stock rear. Considering they have never been serviced, I am thinking is is a good place to start. Fresh rebuilds and springs with valving for my weight".
Down the trail I may even add a rear suspension 'link' for X-country.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, we have spoken with GT Thunder and the guy there told me to custom build a shock (I guess stock rebuild isn't worth it...there's NO adjustment at ALL on the 250 stock) would be between $600-$1200...wow! BUT, if I can come up with a shock (still looking for a banshee front:D with a reservoir) they'd rebuild THAT for $200...much better!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was also talking with Lazarus :D....That is a good deal..I had GT rebuild my KFX700 shocks as well....I'm thinking it was just about the same price! Are you sending em out soon? If so, report back and let me know what you think!;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Absolutely....actually 2 front Banshee shocks would be great....but one would be better than nothing. I need one rebuilt and one to USE on the quad while I ship away my stock with the Banshee shock to GT....I could never find out the year but they need to be 15" center eye to center eye!! Thanx a bunch...I appreciate your help:D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey there! YES...actually came across a Noleen shock on Ebay which made us start searching...found the NOLEEN website and ordered a rear shock..they've been around awhile so...I should get it within the next 2 weeks and I will let you know how it rides!! I put the Elka Stage 3's on the front and oh wow..WHAT an amazing difference!!! Can't wait to see how it feels without getting bucked around by that stock rear shock!!!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep...actually it has been 1 month to date plus a day :/ And STILL waiting on the rear shock from Noleen....SHOULD be ANY time now....I sure hope it is worth the wait!! :p (I'm pretty sure it will be..LOL )

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ordered on May 31st!! I hear that Noleen does a lot of Pro work and this can play a part in the delay...I dunno....I am still eagerly awaiting that shock! LOL We may be trying a race here in FL in Ocala...EvolutionGP at Hard Rock and it'd be awesome to have that shock if so!!! It's a different kind of race than I'm used to...consists of 2 30 minute Motos 1-3 miles..60% woods (I'm used to) 25% MX (I'm NOT at ALL used to or even remotely familiar with) 15% Technical (Optional..so I'm guessing more like some crazy enduro stuff) I'm hoping to roll the MX track part and just survive...LOL They added a Beginner Quad class...apparently just because a ditbiker friend and I were concerned about being beginners and if it'd be safe...LOL.....stay tuned...;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.