Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully “Wheels/Tires” is the correct thread for this post. I have a TRX250R complete front end on my golf cart. I want to use my golf cart wheels/tires on it but obviously they are a different lug pattern than the TRX. So I am trying to swap hubs — the wide Golf Cart hubs won’t fit the narrow TRX spindles and a wheel adapter would push my golf cart wheels too far out making them scrub when I turn. I’m hoping you guys can help me find which ATV hubs are 4 lug on 4” spacing (4 on 4 is the same as a Polaris rear wheel and almost all golf carts)?
Google just laughs at me when I try to search for it.:p

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I never did find my answer but I did take them to professional welder who welded my old spindles onto the TRX. Worked out great. Here's a video of the finished build and me testing the turning.

·
Registered
45 Posts
That is very interesting project... But my I ask why would you put such wheel and tires on the golf cart? Are you going some trail rides with it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hi kartl, thx for your question. Yes, it was built for and has been doing lots of trail riding ...old fire-trails to be exact. Stock golf cart suspensions are not designed for rough off-road terrain, have very little travel in the front end and cannot accommodate large tires to help soak up the bumps and provide a bigger tire patch. I also fabricated new upper shock mounts to use DS650 shocks for even more travel. Rides like a Cadillac now and have over 10" of travel in the front, love it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts