Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,642 Posts
What timing are you talking about? The counter balancer timing, ignition timing or the cam timing? Anyway, the timing issue is corrected

If you are hitting the rev limiter, just get a CDI box without a rev limiter - easiest and quickest solution. Only other solution is just a new standard CDI box with rev limiter. If you are hitting the rev limiter too soon with a different stock CDI box, you are revving the engine too high and the limiter is preventing you from catastrophic engine failure

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have tried a different stock cdi with the Same results. The cam timing is what I checked and fixed. The rev limiter is hitting about half throttle. It almost acts as if the choke is on but it isn't.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe it is a 150 but I'm not sure. I did have the carb apart and cleaned it and looked at the main but don't recal what it was. I did read It should have a 160 main for the setup he has(fixing this for friend) so I was going to start there. I also noticed he is missing the snorkel. Will that affect anything?

·
Super Moderator
4,642 Posts
There is no correct "specified" jet for a particular set-up. The jetting is as individual as each machine

A 148 is stock - a 150 would not be too big - it is possible it needs to be richer - it's possible there is a problem in the carb - if available, try using a carb off one that runs right and see if that fixes it - at least you will know if the carb is the source of the problem

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks

I don't have another quad to use right now. I was working on another one at the time and that why i had the extra cdi. I no longer have that one so won't be able to do a card swap. I will clean it out and maybe rich it up a little and see what happens. The valves seem to be ticking pretty bad to so i may check those also. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re jetted carb and still does the same thing. Even put different pilot jet in. Not sure where to go from here. Out of ideas. Could it be something to do with the parking brake and wires maybe? It's cutting out at mid throttle

1 - 10 of 10 Posts