Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before snorkeling it had a cold idle issue but idled fine after warming up. Did a 1-1/2" snorkel and it has trouble idling, boggs down when running mid range and when coming out of a hole. When bogging down if I partially cover the snorkel intake it will recover and go. Sometimes I have to run it with the choke all the way out to idle and run / sometimes I don't.

Note: I ran the vent lines into the snorkel about mid way of the run.

I'm thinking the possibilities are; vent lines tied into the intake pipe getting a vacuum pulled on them or too much air / not enough fuel from increasing the intake size ( although I do have a 1-1/4 reducer nut with a screen at the intake opening of the snorkel ).

What ya'll thinks?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Changed the carb and jetted it. Gutted the exhaust to. I know I could have saved money by just buying the one jet and needle valve I needed but I bought a Dynojet kit. It idles good now and "warms" up faster. It's more responsive. Plan on taking it out this weekend for a full test.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.