Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I’m new to the site and stumped and need some help! I got a 2001 rubicon 500 I purchased that needed some tlc. The bike would crank and run fine , everything worked except the display screen itself. Reverse, neutral and oil light worked but nothing on display. I went through the bike new carb, new full brake replacement, battery, wheel bearings, oil the whole nine yards. The bike has been running flawless on the lift for the last week while I work on other cosmetic issues. I have started the bike at least 25 times and letting it run just to make sure all was well. Well tonight I finished and was ready for a test ride, I put on the seat and climbed on. Turned the key green light comes on and I hit the start button and a spark shot out from under the seat and green light goes off and now nothing. I checked fuses (all good) check volts at ignition switch and got 12V , started checked the plugs and getting 12V , so I start taking the tape off the wire harness under the seat and came across 2 wires with plugs on them wrapped in the harness, I can take a jumper wires and go from the wires to the battery and could get power to the bike and crank it and the display will work. Take them off and nothing! I’m stumped, can’t find any shorts in any wires. Any help would be appreciated

·
Super Moderator
3,824 Posts
You have a TRX500FA Rubicon

What color is the open ended wires? The wiring diagram does not indicate any open ended wires.

·
Super Moderator
3,824 Posts
I cannot find any br/gy or bl/gy wires used on the 01 to 03 TRX500FA

Are you certain of the year and model? It's not an FW or FG or FGA?

What's the VIN?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the local shop check the vin and it is definitely a 2001 Rubicon 500FA. Since my last post I’ve worked out several wiring issues and now I’m stuck again. I can turn the key on and the display doesn’t come on but I can unplug the display at the wiring harness and plug it back in and it will work perfectly until the bike is turned off. The process repeats every time

1 - 5 of 5 Posts