Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just found out the the 2005 trx500 foreman has a start in gear feature.while in gear,hold the front break and hit the start button.WA-LA

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
My 400ex can start in gear stock as long as you hold in clutch. I put an after market clutch pearch on it and had to conect the wires. It will start in gear now with out clutch. My buddy hit the garage wall with it one day. Not safe but works for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 99 400ex. Will only start in neutral. Have disconnected neutral wire from side of gearbox but it cuts starter motor. How can i make in start in any gear?

·
Registered
718 Posts
You will have to cross the wires on the handlebars inorder for it to start in any gear.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My Rincon will start in foreword or reverse with the front brake pulled in, and so does my dads 420 Rancher. So I guess all the newer honda utilities do. Not sure on the recon or 250ex though.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I forgot to look at mine to see how it is wired up. LOL I will get to it today.

·
Super Moderator
4,007 Posts
It will start in gear if the clutch swith is functioning. If the switch is bad (or missing) and you want to fix it CHEAP, connect the green to the yellow/green that goes to the clutch switch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts