Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 trx 450er. It starts rite up when its cold once its warmed up it just cranks over and wont start. the only way it will start is to pop start it. the valves are all adjusted to spec, 65 psi for the compression, the carb was cleaned then soaked over nite at a honda dealer over night. the carb is setup all to spec. the bike runs perfect when its running but it sucks having to pop start it allday. anybody else have this problem?
i was thinking stator but i dont think it would pop start if that was the problem

·
Registered
272 Posts
he's doing a leak down test tomorrow to see if its the rings or the valves
Sounds like the intake valves have gone south, when mine would get hard to start when hot i knew it was time to adj valves.

·
Super Moderator
4,647 Posts
Not knowing how it was checked, 65psi for compression is low. It is amazing it would start at all. Typical compression is 120 to 150psi - checked cold, throttle wide open, 5 to 10 compression strokes. Leak down test will probably expose the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.