Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a recon es with a wore out top end and ran across a tm engine for 200 dollars figured I try to make it work and if not I could swap the jug and piston or sell it and buy just a top end rebuild kit and pocket a couple hundred bucks if it wouldn't hook up rite to everything . I got the te engine off and quickly saw the intake was wider on one and the valve cover was totally different and the tm has no wire coming out the engine cover from the stator I'm kinda stuck on what direction to turn next any suggestions or knowledge would be appreciated

· Super Moderator
4,815 Posts
Need to be more specific - Honda produced 250cc Recons starting in 97 and ending in 2000 - all were two wheel drive and electric start.

The Recon name was revived in 02 with the TRX250TE-ES (two wheel drive electric shift and electric start) and the TRX250TM-ES (two wheel drive manual shift and electric start) and carried through 2005.

In 02 the engine was completely redesigned - 97-00 were the same and 02-05 was the same , but the top end was not interchangeable between the 97-00 and 02-05.

So, what year model Recon do you have and what year model engine did you buy?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts