1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grip Heaters? Any 'Install Tips'?
Ordered a set of grip heaters. From Rocky Mountain ATV
LINK>>Tusk Grip Heater Kit | ATV | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

They will go under the hand grips of my '05 Honda TRX400EX.
I did a search, 'Grip heaters' and found nothing.
Has anyone installed this type on your Quad?
Any pitfalls I should know about/watch for?
I plan to use 'switched' power. Meaning when the 'key' is on the grips have power to them. Off and no power. That way I can't forget and leave them on and drain the battery. Or, a 'friend' can't mess with the bike and turn them on.

Where on the bike can I 'Tap-into' for 'switched' power?

·
Super Moderator
4,643 Posts
Any black wire (except the battery ground wire) - right off the ignition switch is good. The ignition switch has 4 wires - red is positive (directly to the battery through the fuse) - black is positive when the switch is on - green is ground & the black/white wire is ignition. The red wire is connected to the black wire when the switch is on and the black/white wire is connected to the green when the switch is in the off position

·
Super Moderator
4,643 Posts
Sorry, missed the PM

Typically it is fused near the power source - that way if the device fails, the fuse will blow - if the ground side is fused and the device fails, it is still "hot" and wires may melt.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you, again!

Sorry, missed the PM

Typically it is fused near the power source - that way if the device fails, the fuse will blow - if the ground side is fused and the device fails, it is still "hot" and wires may melt.
I was thinking that it would be the 'best way'. But I just wanted to make sure! Thank You!
Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.