Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Love this thing, goes anywhere and its CLEAN but i want a 86 250r..

I'm more of a straight line guy than a woods guy..

I have heard good things but how would an R compare to my EX in the woods? I know it'll smoke it in a drag, but being two stroke would i have worse traction/bogging issues?

Smart move?

And yeah yeah i know..."get a banshee"...had one, they are fun and all but too heavy and awkward... a buddy i ride with has a built one, we switch back and forth between riding and i don't like the feel of it in the woods, but of course on a straightaway its pure tits...just looking for something that rips anywhere you take it..

Thanks all

·
Super Moderator
4,296 Posts
No quad is made for the woods - keep them in the desert. There's lots of parts you can't get for an 86 250R. Put the money toward something newer and if you must go into the woods, get a 4 wheel drive.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree I have an 86 250r and its the only quad i have ever wanted and will ever want you dont need anything newer the old 250r was and still is the baddest machine ever built. mine handles great were ever I ride and I dont have problems keeping up with any of my friends. I am 33 and most of the kids i ride with are in early 20s and think their 4 strokes are the way to go and they are so fast I walk all over predator 500s and was riding with my buddy on his 07 raptor 700 with power commander and exhaust and he never left me once. Go with old r you will never regret it!!!!!! 2 strokes for life

·
Super Moderator
4,296 Posts
It's over 20 years old - a lot of parts are no longer available from Honda or the aftermarket, but take the chance if you just have to have one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts