Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! So I have my quad running now, I posted about a week ago saying I had no spark which was taken care of with a new ignition coil. Now it starts up just fine. However once I shifted out of neutral and rode it around, shifting up and down as I rode, I could not get it back down into neutral. It did get it into neutral twice but not easily at all. Any ideas on what I can do to fix that? Or should an actual mechanic handle something like this? I am pretty inexperienced but have been able to fix a things on the quad.

·
Super Moderator
4,643 Posts
First from what you describe I presume it shifts up and down fine while the vehicle is moving and it is difficult to shift into neutral at a stand-still with the engine running. Does it shift to neutral easily if you stop the motor? If this is the case, the clutch may need adjusted, the idle might need to be slowed down and/or the oil needs to be changed. Use 10w40 JASO rated oil.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it shifts up and down fine while moving, just not down to neutral. It still doesn't want to go into neutral if the motor is stopped either. I did adjust the idle speed and that didn't help. When it did get to neutral it jerked a little, the other time it shifted in fine. But most of the time when I step on the shifter to go from first to neutral there's a little give and then it just stops and I can't push down anymore. When I'm shifting between other gears there's give, and then a couple clicks. The clicks are absent when trying to go from first to neutral. I haven't changed the oil in it yet, I will do that, thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.