Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

trx 250ex build

5K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Steve86trx250R 
#1 ·
Ok so I'm considering building up the motor in my 2005 trx250ex. I want to bore it, new high compresion piston, cams, head work, ect ect.... My question is has anyone built one of these motors and what kind of mods/sucess have you had. Basicly is this worth it, what can i expect, and any tips on how to get more power out of the motor (actual motor im not talking about boxes, ignition, pipes, ect....yet....) any help is greatly appreciated

#2 ·
You would be better off moving up to a 300 or 400ex cuz even if you get some serious power to it you would be better off with the manual clutch and better suspension don't get me wrong I'm not knocking your 250ex but if more power and speed is what you want you'd be dollars ahead to buy one of the others

#3 ·
i kinda want to just work with what ive got for now. this will be my first high performance motor build and dont really feel like buying a whole new quad... yet. I was just curious if it is even possible to get some modest gains in power with a build up of these motors.

#4 ·
Of course you could see some gains by messing with the motor only thing is by the time you do all that depending how big you go you may just lose some reliability those bikes weren't built to really hop up and race and when you start looking for high performance parts that's probably what you'll here

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.