Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my trx300 parked today and ignition was off. I was banging on a piece of metal while I had it laying over the rear cargo bars. The 4 wheeler all of a sudden tried to start itself with the ignition key off. I noticed the spark plug cap plug and the ingition wires were apart. I could not get it to stop trying to start so I had to undo the battery cable. Everytime i touch the battery cable to the battery the starter starts turning even though the ignition key is off. It will start with the ignition key on but will just crank the starter continueously when the key is off. Any suggestions on my problem?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I having trouble with my trx 300fw two weeks ago I put a new timing chain on it and I timed it and I put every thing back to gether and than when I went to start it it wouldn't start so I decided to check for spark and it had none so i found the problem with that and the problem was the cdi box so put a new cdi box in in it and now it has good spark but is still. Not starting I took the carb apart and cleaned all the jets real good cause I thought maybe it wasn't getting gas but its still not starting and I'm stuck and I have no idea what the problem is it turns over it has spark Im pretty postive that the timing is set right the carb is clean I don't know what's going on and yes the bike has good compression please give me your oppions sorry that this is a reply and not my own thread I couldn't find were to post my own thread

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.