Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was using my Rancher TRX 350 to plow snow and it was running fine.. After about 15 minutes of plowing the idle became much too fast (high rpm) to the point where I had to turn it off to get to a different gear. Was able to get into the garage to work on it. I've tried adjusting the idle with the pilot screw as the manual says to. It makes no difference whether I adjust the screw in or out. The throttle does still function, but the idle never drops below way to fast. Not sure what to try next.
Jim

·
Super Moderator
3,754 Posts
You don't adjust the idle with the pilot screw - you adjust the idle with the idle screw. The pilot screw has no effect if the idle speed is too high.

One possibility is the idle screw is missing a spring and screwed itself in due to vibration. Another possibility is the throttle cable changed it's adjustment due to improper maintenance. Another possibility might be a damaged intake manifold causing a vacuum leak. Yet another possibility might have been ice in the venturi preventing the throttle from closing completely. If ice was the cause, it would melt after the engine was shut off and idle speed would return to normal the next time the engine was started. Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts