Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, ive just sold my 2000 TRX 350 ES. I loved the bike and mostly rode on very rough wet hill terrain. Anyway my plan was to get a 2006 TRX 350 as my new bike, however I have the chance of a 2009 TRX 420 and was wondering if any of you have experience with either and which you'd recommend? All bikes are 4wd.

Thanks in advance.

Aaron.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Both are great machines. I'm not sure what your price difference is between the 2 is, but in my opinion the 420 is the better buy. The 420 is 3 years newer, about 90cc more motor so it definitely has more all around and usable power, fuel injection, and liquid cooling. I'm not sure about the 350, bit the 420 is selectable 4x4/ 4x2. So on paper the 420 is a much better quad. But in the end it comes down to the price and condition of them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for reply buddy. Both bikes are working out around the £2500 mark, so no difference there. My main concern was how good the newer models were on the severe terrain, I kinda felt my 350 was damn near perfectly suited and worried that the 420 may not be as good. I had no real basis for this opinion though!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I can compare between 2 of my uncles quads. He had a 2002 Rancher 350 4x4 (all time 4x4) and a 2008 420 ES 4x4 (selectable). The suspension was very similar, but being newer the 420 had a better ride quality. And being able to ride in 2 wheel drive, the 420 was much more maneuverable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts