Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently getting back into riding, picked up a 2016 trx250x needs a good bit of work but it's in good condition for what it is ... last owner killed the bike so im re building the motor, only problem I'm having is the wiring if any one has any experience with this rebuild your input wouldn't be a burden lol

·
Registered
56 Posts
That's a Pretty simple engine. My best advice is as you take it apart use a Sharpie and Zip Lock bags to mark all parts to make it easy to put back together even bag up the case bolts etc.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a Pretty simple engine. My best advice is as you take it apart use a Sharpie and Zip Lock bags to mark all parts to make it easy to put back together even bag up the case bolts etc.

Appreciate your input man That's pretty much how I did it I got the engine together almost 100% jus waiting on new intake valves cuz they were bent to sh** after that I'll be done with the motor now I'm onto the wiring which is pretty self explanatory except for this one part I'm stuck on... in the pic below there is the starter battery cable but on the end it's showing a fuse (f15) to be plugged in
There's no clips left on the bike for it to connect so it's got me confused as to how there is a fuse there... does it connect to the battery?

All help is greatly appreciated

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,090 Posts
The positive wire from the battery to the solenoid includes a fuse on the solenoid end of the wire that plugs into the red wire that goes to the ignition switch

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The positive wire from the battery to the solenoid includes a fuse on the solenoid end of the wire that plugs into the red wire that goes to the ignition switch
Really? But where would you plug the clip into? Sorry for the newb questions
Jus stuck on this part lol
I uploaded a pic below

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,090 Posts
I guess I don't quite follow you - in the pic, there is the wire and the fuse holder, but the fuse holder cover is missing - what looks like a plug that needs to be connected to something just needs a flat 15A fuse plugged into it. The bad news is; to get the fuse cover, you have to buy a complete positive battery cable. Part 32401-HN6-000 @ $58.40

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess I don't quite follow you - in the pic, there is the wire and the fuse holder, but the fuse holder cover is missing - what looks like a plug that needs to be connected to something just needs a flat 15A fuse plugged into it. The bad news is; to get the fuse cover, you have to buy a complete positive battery cable. Part 32401-HN6-000 @ $58.40

That makes sense now with not being there lol a couple of plugs are missing from when I got the bike I picked it up for 200 bucks with a blown motor so I expected atleast a few parts to be missing hahaha... but aside from that do you think i can jus use a fuseable link where the plug is going to?

·
Super Moderator
3,090 Posts
I cant find that color combination on the wiring diagram, but my best guess is this - the wires are for the neutral and reverse lights

The black wires are battery positive when the key switch is on - the light green with the red stripe is the neutral wire - it connects to ground when the transmission is in neutral - the white wire (should be dark green by the wiring diagram) should connect to ground when the transmission is in reverse

Honda runs a hot wire to the indicator lights and switches the ground wire on and off to make the indicator lights work

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I cant find that color combination on the wiring diagram, but my best guess is this - the wires are for the neutral and reverse lights

The black wires are battery positive when the key switch is on - the light green with the red stripe is the neutral wire - it connects to ground when the transmission is in neutral - the white wire (should be dark green by the wiring diagram) should connect to ground when the transmission is in reverse

Honda runs a hot wire to the indicator lights and switches the ground wire on and off to make the indicator lights work

That's what I was thinking but wasn't positive I found a diagram that was saying the white wire was green to so I'm a little stumped still.... is there a way to by pass the indicator lights? Or how would you recommend solving the issue?

Really appreciate all your help man

·
Super Moderator
3,090 Posts
The indicator lights are only indicator lights, but the neutral light switch provide a signal to the CDI unit to prevent the starter motor from spinning if in gear and the LH lever is not pulled in. You can bypass the neutral switch so the starter motor will work when in gear by simply grounding the light green wire with the red stripe. You don't have to do anything with the reverse light wires. Just cap off the black wires either individually or together - black is black, tied together and capped off is the same as capping them individually, then just cap off the other wire. You will have no indicator lights, but everything should be functional.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The indicator lights are only indicator lights, but the neutral light switch provide a signal to the CDI unit to prevent the starter motor from spinning if in gear and the LH lever is not pulled in. You can bypass the neutral switch so the starter motor will work when in gear by simply grounding the light green wire with the red stripe. You don't have to do anything with the reverse light wires. Just cap off the black wires either individually or together - black is black, tied together and capped off is the same as capping them individually, then just cap off the other wire. You will have no indicator lights, but everything should be functional.

Jus got the battery hooked up and everywhere is getting juice but the starter relay won't engage im gonna try to switch the solenoid with a new one and see where that leaves me

This bike has been a nightmare to me hopefully I get the problem solved and get her running before Xmas! Lmao

·
Super Moderator
3,090 Posts
I don't know what you are talking about.

The starter shaft just spins when there is power to the starter motor - the solenoid is just the switch between the battery and the starter motor - when you press the start button, it just causes the solenoid to close which in turn causes the starter motor to run.

Please explain what is happening

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't know what you are talking about.

The starter shaft just spins when there is power to the starter motor - the solenoid is just the switch between the battery and the starter motor - when you press the start button, it just causes the solenoid to close which in turn causes the starter motor to run.

Please explain what is happening

Sorry lol... basically when I ground out the starter and try to crank it the starter just spins... I was assuming that the shaft would pop out and spin the heat to turn the motor ?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts