Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all first post, I have a 2009 trx250 that will shift up fine but will not shift back down at all, I have put in a new genuine angle sensor and still the same, I have removed the motor and put 12v either way on the 2 wires and the motor works fine both ways. Any help would be really appreciated oh and with the motor back in I give it 12volts through the connector and it would shift down but would have a fault code as it was forced but did show on the dash what gear it was in.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
4,688 Posts
Welcome to the forum

I'll study the service manual and try to guide you to determine the problem, but it is 6 pm here and my 11 hour shift just ended - I will start working at 7 am tomorrow and post the troubleshooting procedure as soon as I determine what direction to take.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum

I'll study the service manual and try to guide you to determine the problem, but it is 6 pm here and my 11 hour shift just ended - I will start working at 7 am tomorrow and post the troubleshooting procedure as soon as I determine what direction to take.
ok thank you very much, I am going to try my ecu on my mates bike which is the same Just to make sure it ain’t that or to rule it at at least

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum

Hi again just tried my ecu on my mates bike and everything works as it should so I have ruled that out

·
Super Moderator
4,688 Posts
The problem must be a connection or faulty switch - here's the system diagram

Schematic Font Parallel Rectangle Engineering

Unplug the switch connector and test by shorting VCC1 (black with a red stripe) to up and down white/blue & white/yellow - if it shifts by shorting the wires, the the switch is faulty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The problem must be a connection or faulty switch - here's the system diagram

View attachment 4938

Unplug the switch connector and test by shorting VCC1 (black with a red stripe) to up and down white/blue & white/yellow - if it shifts by shorting the wires, the the switch is faulty.
Hi thanks for spending time to help, I have already disconnected the plug with the wires for the switch and checked with multimeter and both seem to work

·
Super Moderator
4,688 Posts
Hi thanks for spending time to help, I have already disconnected the plug with the wires for the switch and checked with multimeter and both seem to work
I didn't mean test the switches - I meant to test the function of shifting short the blk/red to the wht/xx of the ECU connector the switch plugs into

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.