Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have a 2006 trx300ex, and every now and then, it bogs down, or stalls. For example when I try to wheelie it it in low gear, it stalls. Another example would be when I am going over a jump, it usually bogs down a lot. I think that it is a problem with the carburetor. Should I rebuild the carb, or buy a completely new one if it is a problem with the carburetor?

·
Super Moderator
4,346 Posts
Generally it's an indication of a float bowl fuel level that is too high - fuel actually sloshes out of the bowl into the venturi making it overly rich for a while - or if it wheelies and then bogs and takes a while to restart, it may be a fuel delivery problem - obstructed line, float level too low and maybe just a low fuel level in the tank

·
Registered
01 Honda 400EX
7 Posts
So, I have a 2006 trx300ex, and every now and then, it bogs down, or stalls. For example when I try to wheelie it it in low gear, it stalls. Another example would be when I am going over a jump, it usually bogs down a lot. I think that it is a problem with the carburetor. Should I rebuild the carb, or buy a completely new one if it is a problem with the carburetor?
It’s going to be a fuel or air intake or spark problem. I know thats kind of vague but with bogging that’s your problems. as you say mist likely fuel. You asked if you should rebuild it. You can buy a whole new carb for a good price so a rebuild would almost be pointless unless you just wanted the practice

·
Registered
01 Honda 400EX
7 Posts
It’s going to be a fuel or air intake or spark problem. I know thats kind of vague but with bogging that’s your problems. as you say mist likely fuel. You asked if you should rebuild it. You can buy a whole new carb for a good price so a rebuild would almost be pointless unless you just wanted the practice
O snd your petcock or fuel lines could also be an option.

·
Registered
01 Honda 400EX
7 Posts
I have an 05 250 ex that does exact same thing!! Any knowledge on this issue would be amazing!!!!!!!!
Fuel issue and or air intake or spark. I say fuel. Like i told the other guy. Id buy whole buy a whole new carb. Maybe problem solved. If not then it‘s air intake issue. if not that then look to spark. But i think new carb does the trick and no more issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts