Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I just recently purchased a trx that needed new oil rings. I did a top end rebuild and got the quad put back together and now the engine won’t crank but the headlights will come on. No neutral light. It is a 2008. I believe my problem might be the cable that goes from the negative on the battery to the starter but I can’t find much on that exact part. The solenoid, starter switch, neutral light, battery, and fuses were all in good shape when I bought it and the quad was running before I took it apart. If you have any ideas or help it would be appreciated thank you

·
Super Moderator
3,759 Posts
Solenoid will not close and the starter will not work if the neutral light does not light, but if the wiring had not been modified or cobbled up badly, even with the neutral light out, pulling in the clutch lever should activate the starter system.

If the battery is good and there is 12v on the black wire when the key switch is on and the neutral light is good, grounding the light green wire going to the neutral switch will turn on the neutral light. If the light is burned out, the transmission is in gear or the neutral switch is defective, the starter will still work when the clutch is pulled in closing the clutch switch and providing the solenoid a path to ground through the diode.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts