Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys. So I have a 38mm FCR Carb that I actually have laying around it was from a YZ250F That I Replaced the Carb on and I kept the old one. It's still perfect shape and works just fine. I was curious if it would be big enough "or enough CFM" to fit on my 2005 TRX450R? Because I'm running the Stock Carb still and would love to have a little better performance and I know FCR Carbs name a Night and Day Difference in Power and was just curious if the 38mm Would do a better job on my quad. Also if it needs to be Bored I can definitely take it to bore it. Thanks guys I Would be Happy as a Pig in shit if this turns out to be able to work.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I thought about just tossing it in to see how she would run, only thing is I don;t wanna loose any top end power because I ride streets because I'm Street Legal allot but still off road allot too. I Do know i would nee to buy a Adapter for the Air Box to the Carb but that's not a big deal I know of a good machine Shops that could make me one just by showing them What i need done.

·
Registered
61 Posts
38mm is too small for 450cc. cheaper option is sell it and use cash to pick up a 40(trx) or 41(certain years crf) honda fcr, prob cost you nothing. best option is to get it bored to 42 or 42.5, this will prob cost a couple hundred to complete setup

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks man I figured it seemed pretty small for my quad. I am going to actually have it bored for 80.00 Bucks by a really good Local Guy that I know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.