Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm looking to put turf tires on my 1996 four trax 300 4x4. I know that sounds weird, but want to use it in my landscape business to haul mulch, and tree limbs etc. I need tires that won't tear up the turf. I've already done a bunch of searching through the forum, Google searching, and I've called a few tire dealers for ATVs...no options seem like a winner so far. I think I need to switch to a 10 or 12-in rim, but now I'm concerned about causing damage to the transmission or differential by not running the same ratio of OEM tire diameter. I'm not finding a 23-in for the front and a 24-in for the back. Anybody know what to do here?

·
Super Moderator
4,479 Posts
You wont hurt the transmission or the front diff - the rear is live axle, so you wont hurt it either - important thing is to maintain the 1 inch difference between front and rear - you couls run 9 on the front and 10 on the rear or 26 front and 27 rear. Whatever works and rim size is irrelevant as long as the tire size is right, you could have a 12 inch rim on the front and 8 inch on the rear. The only problem is finding the wheel and then the tire in the size you need. It just takes an inordinate amount of time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts