Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone had a problem with the valve adjusting nut being stuck in one spot? it will back off easy but wont go down any further like the threades are jacked up. i pulled the piece out and it looked fine. i ordered new ones from rockymountain.but do these go bad on the regular?

·
Super Moderator
4,285 Posts
The nut is a "lock nut" - the screw is the adjuster - after the adjustment is done with the screw, the nut is tightened to lock the screw in position.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I know how the valve adjustment works. Even with the screw out it is still wont go down any further. The new part will be here Friday.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok ..the new parts are in. I found out what the problem was. I Guy who owned this before me didn't use a torque wrench at 17flbs he just kept tightening untilled he got bored I guess lol and it stretched the threads on the udjusting screws. All good now though. They get a little noisey when warmed up though is this normal? I checked the lash after it cooled down and it was good still.

·
Super Moderator
4,285 Posts
Noise after it warms up might be normal, but you might have a worn cam chain or excessive piston clearence. It might be the auto decompressor or even a bad cam bearing. I worked on one that had about 1/4 inch valve clearence, but ran well. I suspected badly worn rocker arms, but found one cam bearing missing the ball retainer and all the balls on one side of the bearing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts