Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am rebuilding the top end new piston new rings new piston block and new valves seals keepers and springs was planning on lapping the new valves any advice this is what the seats look like
Automotive tire Light Wheel Vehicle Bicycle part

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Synthetic rubber Automotive lighting

·
Super Moderator
4,642 Posts
Other than being dirty and needing cleaned - judging by the pics the valve seats are fine, but it's up to the mechanic or technician doing the work to inspect and measure the seats and determine their condition. It cant be done by pictures with no reference points or tele-conferencing. It takes a pair of eyeballs and a caliper in the hands of a skilled operator to be certain.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine looked like this as well, maybe a little worse since the guy who sold it to me ran the hell out of it with bad rings and seals. Even ran it with no oil. All I did was pull my valves, get some valve grinding compound & rubbed it on the seats. Stuck the valves in, turned it back and forth a few times. Cleaned it up and put it back together. Haven’t had an issue yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts