Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered this tank on Ebay- Seller didnt send the shutoff valve or flange as picyured and says he cant find one to send. He sent a new shutoff valve but i dont know what i need to connect it to the tank. Any ideas??

·
Registered
73 Posts
I think he means he is missing the entire petcock assembly. He also didnt say what machine this is for... so my only comment is to absolutely do NOT buy a cheap Chinese ebay petcock. They LEAK and are a complete waste of money. Buy a used one if you cant afford a new OEM part.

They usually have a flange base on the plastic that is bolted on with a rubber o-ring. Flange has male threads the petcock screws onto with the filter assembly going up through the middle of it. That part is fairly simple and can be fabricated if you have some knowledge and tools.

But with out knowing the machine / tank... we're just guessing here.

-DallanC

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it appears to be an aftermarket tank but yes they removed the two allen bolts and it basically came with an open hole in the tank.

·
Super Moderator
4,356 Posts
Good luck - if you can figure out what brand of aftermarket tank and if the manufacturer is still in business, you might be able to get parts through them - otherwise measure the distance between the holes in MM and search Ebay and Chinese aftermarket suppliers for a petcock with the same dimension or return the tank to the seller and look for a different one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts