Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya

I have just purchased a second hand ATV. I am told it is a trx 350 but might have a different engine. It runs well but a bit tatty so a bit of work is needed and there is a clatter from the engine, sounds like timing chain.

Is there a way to check its year and model?

Oh yeah I am new to the forum:)

·
Super Moderator
4,642 Posts
Although you misread or misprinted the 9th digit the numbers reveal that you have a 1989 TRX350D (the last year they were produced). They were only manufactured for 87, 88 and 89. Both the frame and engine fall within the correct range and are most likely the engine has never been changed, but that is not guaranteed. A motor out of any other 1989 would still fall within the production range.

The same engine was used in the 86 and 87 TRX350 Fourtrax 4x4 and the motor number range was the same for the 87 TRX350 and the TRX350D. While the TRX350 was only available in red, the TRX350D was available in red and blue. The main features of the "D" model was: racks front and rear and 5 speed tranny with reverse and an auto clutch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Although you misread or misprinted the 9th digit the numbers reveal that you have a 1989 TRX350D (the last year they were produced). They were only manufactured for 87, 88 and 89. Both the frame and engine fall within the correct range and are most likely the engine has never been changed, but that is not guaranteed. A motor out of any other 1989 would still fall within the production range.

The same engine was used in the 86 and 87 TRX350 Fourtrax 4x4 and the motor number range was the same for the 87 TRX350 and the TRX350D. While the TRX350 was only available in red, the TRX350D was available in red and blue. The main features of the "D" model was: racks front and rear and 5 speed tranny with reverse and an auto clutch.
Brilliant thank you very much , Here to Help

Jackal:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.