Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So at the end of last season my 05 450r took a tumble down a nice embankment. Dislocated my shoulder and didn't touch it until March. When undid touch it I did a full dasa exhaust, changed the main and pilot jets also changed my oils. Tried repsol oil recommended by the counter person in fun wheels honda. Well, after doing all the work, it starts up and runs normal but smoked whitr smoke. I figured at first it was the anti seize from the mid pipe burning off. Second day of riding my exhaust loosened up at the head pipe and noticed oil dripping down. I tightened it up. Let it run a bit and stopped smoking. After letting it sit a couple of days this week, it starts up again with white smoke. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
4,642 Posts
Raw gas will smoke white when vaporized in the exhaust.

My guess is: you do not shut off the petcock when you park the vehicle - your carb is overflowing filling the cylinder and/or exhaust while sitting - when you start the motor, the gas is vaporized by the heat of the exhaust and appears as white smoke till it is dried up.

If the fuel is overflowing the carb, it can fill the crankcase also. Check to see if the oil level has increased.

Finally, fix the carb and shut the gas off when done riding

·
Super Moderator
4,642 Posts
Raw gas mixed with carbon and exhaust by-products can look like oil. Without being able to examine it for myself, I just presume it was actually gas dripping out the exhaust. If it was oil, it is possible when the vehicle tumbled, oil migrated through the crankcase breather system to the air box and ultimately into the combustion chamber and out the exhaust. Not an explanation, but rather a possibility.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.