Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wanting one of these quads for about 3 years now. I just turned 16 and can now have a steady, good paying job. I open up the Facebook market and BAM. I'm hit with every bike running above 2,700 dollars! Back about a year ago, a 2002 would commonly sell between 1200-1800, but now people are wanting 2,700-3,300 for junk. A 1999 400ex with no brake system, needs a new carb, and set of tires, asking 2600. What happened that I missed? Will they ever drop back down? Ive been wanting a 2006 or higher, but those run for about 3-4k a quad. I dunno, let me know if prices are jacked up in your area too. I've completely lost my motivation to get one if they're running this high.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,694 Posts
1) COVID happened - no one working and everybody playing - ATV sales went through the roof - I just spent $2800 fixing an 05 TRX400EX. It is no longer junk, and I will sell it for less than $3000, but I still have more work to do on it before it's ready for sale - I still need to get it tuned-up.

2) Tariffs increased - all the cheap Chinese parts are not so cheap anymore, so all the parts of the 400EX that are made in China increased raising the price of the finished unit.

When I started driving, cars could be bought for $100 and gas was 25 cents a gallon - when will the price of gas come down? Not in my lifetime I can assure you. The $1000 TRX400EX's are gone - I can part them out for more than that, so I buy them for $1000 and get $1500 to $2000 for the parts.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was looking for over 6 months before I found what I wanted, good luck with your purchase.
I was looking for Stock Machines, or as stock as I could get, one owner.
it took some time but I found them, both same owner.
did I pay a lot, yep I prolly did, but they did not need anything, just add gas and go!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts