Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,642 Posts
You can change a cam (stage 1 or 2) without changing the piston

The cylinder is a 1mm oversize and is fresh honed to assess seizure damage. It would benefit being bored to the next oversize and fit with a new piston, but could be assembled with a new 86mm piston and run without problem. Might get a bit of ticking caused by the scoring on the lower part of the sleeve and/or the extra clearance from honing, but is perfectly usable as is.

·
Super Moderator
4,642 Posts
Save some money and your engine - get a UNI filter instead of a K&N - K&N's flow more air, but they flow more dirt too. If you are racing and need the extra 200 RPM and the 1/10 of a horse power when the engine is screaming that it's about ready to blow, then K&N.

K&N's need to be serviced more frequently, are difficult to clean and re-oil and wear out fast when serviced as instructed.

I'm biased - I admit it, but it is my right.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Agreed K&N = no bueno! to much dirt... i wont use it on any of my off road toys... WAY to much dirt i would go with a uni cheap where it wont kill you to get 3. 1 on bike, 1 washed/dirty, 1 ready to go... but just my opinion but i dont think i have talked to one person that would stand by the K&N... to many Cons. not enough Pros

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.