Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2005 Honda 400 EX. It did not run when I purchased it I was told that it did run but just stopped running. I thought simple enough probably a electrical issue. (^ idiot) After replacing the coil, the rectifier, the battery, the CDI box, and the wire harness I finally have spark (also replaced the stator.) ( I also disconnected the kill switch that was on the machine when installing the new wire harness. Not cutting into that until the Rubiks cube is solved.) I have no idea which one it was other than I'm leaning towards a combination of bad replacement parts and a broken wire in the wire harness. Now I have spark.
Now I can't get the engine to start. Took the carburetor off, cleaned it appropriately, put said pieces back in said place. Still won't start. I don't have a compression tester but I've had several people who I know, that know way more than I do about engines that believe it has more than enough adequate compression. (If this makes any difference I was told the carburetor was jetted for the HMF pipe that is on it) Does anybody have any idea what I could be looking at potentially?(please besides the obvious money pit jokes) Any and all ideas, suggestions, or former similar problems that you had and solved please share. Please I beg you help me out!

Any of you had to replace a flywheel? I'm a bit confused on how a flywheel can go bad? Also that would not affect it starting. (Correct?) The electric start turns the motor over with ease. It doesn't sound like it's struggling.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts