Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,796 Posts
If you haven't solved your problem yet, try a smaller main jet (down 2 or 4 sizes) - kinda sounds like its loading up - pulling in the clutch and revving it blows out some of the carbon and it runs good till loaded up again. Or maybe might try a one step hotter plug. It will raise the temp of the tip of the plug (when fully warmed up) about 5 degrees.

·
Super Moderator
4,796 Posts
No - I am talking about jets. I could care less about who's jets or what numbering system. A specific size hole lets a specific amount of fuel through it regardless of what number is is on it. If the mixture is too rich, you need to decrease the amount of fuel. I always change in steps of two to save time. Perhaps Dynojet has double the size choices than Keihin or Mikuni which means you will have to go down more size numbers till you get to the right mixture. If this were the case, you would get to the right mixture more quickly when using OEM jets versus using Dynojets and typically a single size change is undetectable to a tuner. Go down in two size increments till it runs cleanly then go back up one if you want to.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.